Thursday, February 18, 2010

Favorite Dalai Lama Quotes

Wisdom is the best guide and faith the best companion.

Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible.

Remember that not getting what you want is sometimes a wonderful stroke of luck.

The purpose of our lives is to be happy.

Happiness is not something ready made. It comes from your own actions.

There is no need for temples, no need for complicated philosophies. My brain and my heart are my temples.

My religion is very simple. My religion is kindness.

If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion.

To conquer oneself is a greater victory than to conquer thousands in a battle.

We can never obtain peace in the outer world until we make peace with ourselves.

The foundation of all spiritual practice is love. That you practice this well is my only request.